Thoroughly Sick of Music Yet?

Last week Jaret was able to attend parts of a leadership conference for two days that is really impactful to him each year. He brought home some songs to share, and we bonded over them regarding our life recently. Trust and fear are two constant options, it seems. Neither of us felt like really fearful people for most of our lives (though I think with parenting, it has slowly been sneaking up on me), but it sure is a constant battle right now.

So here are two that he shared with me. Simple words and truths, but simplicity is often powerful.
'It is well' by Bethel Music
A link with words: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4taAN4QtbI
My favorite line of the song, "So let it go, my soul, and trust in Him. The waves and wind still know His name."

'No Longer Slaves' by Bethel again
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TkUMJtK5k
This one could potentially not be my most favorite musically because of the repetition and the lady at the end, but at this point saying/singing foundational truths repeatedly is solidifying. And with the constant battle, I end up loving how she yells at the end, "full of faith!!!" The declaration I align myself with and then pray, help my unbelief in the next breath.

Being bolstered by time in worship we headed into what ended up being another tailspin of a weekend. We got to attend part of a yearly summer get together with my cousins. It was such a gift. So grateful for the proof that it is that I have made progress!!

Then onto Sunday, which was the day we found out Jaret's mom has a rare form of cancer, and all the chaos and upheaval that brought to the day and this past week. We keep playing these songs and trying to live in the truths. He has sustained us to now, and He will continue to do so.

And one more simple song of basic praise that soothes my soul:
'I will sing of my redeemer' by Fernando Ortega
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5hhE9cN6A

Comments

Rebekah said…
It Is Well by Bethel Music has been one of my favorites since Kara Tippetts put it on her blog last fall. So full of confidence in God. Love it.

And getting to be with you and Jaret and laugh together was so soothing to my soul.

We are prayerful for you and The whole family. Love you.
sandra said…
Shar,
Love both those songs. It is well is actually on my running song list. Yes it's slow tempo but my running time is my worship time and I love songs that can make me raise my hands in praise even while I run.
And wow.....I am so saddened to hear if your mil's diagnosis!!! So sorry. We will be praying.
Sooo glad you got to spend time with your cousins....priceless!
Love you dearly!
Jacki said…
Dear Shar,
Thanks for posting. I love the songs/words. Some of them made me cry. Thanks for sharing God's faithfulness and for praising him through the desert. Love you so much, xox, Mom

Popular Posts