No doubt restrains

Tonight I listened to music. Heartfelt worship music very loudly. I haven't been able to handle that much emotion for a long time, and it was therapeutic, as usual. It's weird how songs I listened to casually a couple months ago now feel word for word relateable. Such as The Greatness of Our God, by Natalie Grant:

Give me eyes to see more of who you are. 
May what I behold 
still my anxious heart. 
Take what I have known and break it all apart. 
For you my God... are greater still. 

And no sky contains, no doubt restrains all you are-the greatness of our God! 
I'll spend my life to know 
That I'm far from close to all 
you are-the greatness of our God!

Give me grace to see beyond this moment here. 
To believe that there is nothing left to fear. 
That you alone are high above it all. 

And you my God are greater still... 

My desires mirror the requests of this song. I am so broken. I long to feel whole. But then there is the comforting line that never hit me in the past: "No doubt restrains all you are". All the doubts of my past felt much more in my control. The doubts of this time have felt terrifyingly out of control. Based on that, I can't  imagine a more comforting reality than that my fear and doubts and frailty have no impact on His ability to keep and restore me. Day by day, tiny tiny step after tiny step I am a witness to His greatness.

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
Aw this made me teary. Love you, Shar! :)
leah said…
i have never heard this song - thanks for sharing that and your testimony of His faithfulness in revealing His truth to your heart!

love you friend!
Jacki said…
just saw this! Great words. Thanks for posting. Love you!!

Popular Posts