Genius!

I think I can safely say that nothing has given me quite the confidence boost in my aspirations as a writer than an experience I had today.

I was going about my usual morning computer business; checking several blogs, when I happened upon an interesting post by my dear cousin, Rebekah. It was about an online site that scores the reading level of blogs. Feeling a bit nervous to submit my cherished newborn to the critique of a cold, harsh world, I decided to investigate how the musings of some of my friends rated instead. Most were shockingly lower than I would have judged them to be.

When I couldn't endure the suspense any longer, I copied and pasted my own blog address to the fateful site and waited for the verdict. I steeled myself for an elementary school or junior high level rating, but what popped up on the screen instead? Genius. Genius! Genius?

"Surely not," I thought to myself. "Maybe it's because I only have one post and no pictures."

I had to know if the picture to post ratio was the reason for my score, and so I hastily added a photo of a quaint town square that was sitting on my desktop for just such an occasion. Back I traveled to the grading site and entered my address again. Genius once more! Wow! I feel smart! Alive! Empowered!

I apparently do have something to offer the world in writing, at least grammatically. And so with my newfound confidence, I have written this bit of prose. Now please excuse me while I go visit a site that has recently come into my acquaintance.

Comments

Popular Posts