Stepping Heavenward

May I tell you about a book that is bringing great delight to my soul? It is entitled "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss. We begin following her life on her 16th birthday via her journal, which she continued through her adult life. She shares her thoughts and struggles in great detail. I can relate with so many of them, and they strike me funny every time that I sit down to read. It sells for around $5, and after enjoying over half of it, I would have paid a lot more. If you decide to pick it up, tell me what you think!

Comments

Sara Huber said…
Shar...I LOVE Stepping Heavenward and have read it twice!!! I'm not surprised you love it too. :) It is the greatest book because I think I grew spiritually by reading it as well as laughing throughout the whole thing. I have also read the author's biography, so if you want a look at her "real" life, check that out. It actually follows the Stepping Heavenward plot in some ways. love ya, sara
ps clicked on your blog off Sandra's :)
Rebekah said…
I'm going to have to read it Shar! Is it something I could find at a library? Or do I need to buy it?
smw said…
hi, sara!! :) how fun to have you here! i didn't even know sandra had a blog.
i'd love to here mrs. prentiss's biography. do you know what it's called?

and rebekah,
i looked it up in our system of libraries, which is a pretty impressive system, and it doesn't have it. :( you could check, but otherwise maybe i could bring it to you in october?

~shar
Sara Huber said…
The biography is by Sharon James and the title is "Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love To Thee" (because she also wrote the hymn). It's not as "easy to read" as Stepping Heavenward b/c it's a biography but still really good and so interesting to learn more about the time period...and she really was an amazing woman.

Popular Posts