Good old Michigan

Jaret's gone to New York city this week, so I've decided now is as good a time as any to catch up on posting.

On Labor Day weekend we went to Traverse City, Michigan for a long weekend. Mom and Dad W. have an Airstream camper that they leave up there, so we went and stayed in it. I ended up being sick the first day or so and did nothing but lie around. It was a relaxing atmosphere, though, and it was nice to have Jaret to take care of everything while I was sick. (Not quite the same when we're at home, with him at work and all.)

About the time I started recovering, Avi's five week long cold took a turn for the worse, and she got a fever. After 4 days of it, I finally took her to the doctor, since it appeared that it wasn't going away on it's own, and her cough wasn't sounding very good. She had a touch of bronchitis in her left lung, so I was glad I went. She missed the 4 days that school was in session that week following Labor Day. Not how I was hoping her absences would be spent, but so it goes.

Anyway, back to the trip and on to the fun stuff.

Our cookout Saturday night.
I just LOVE this little age. So precious.
Sunday we went to a park that is on the beach of one of the bays. Jaret and I just sat, since I was recouping and Jaret's back was out. (Which I forgot to mention above.) The kids did not just sit. :)


Avi wanted to be covered with sand, so I complied.
Sand soup. Yummy!!
Smith didn't want to miss the fun, so I covered him up next.


After the beach we took a little drive up the pennisula. It is just so beautiful that I always have a hard time with the fact that I don't live up there. Both Jaret and I daydream about how maybe somehow, someday we could. Lake Michigan, the vineyards across rolling hills, farms with orchards of all sorts and little roadside stands every couple of miles. Town with the fun restaurants and artsy shops. We just love it.

So it was really a lovely little trip, sickness, back problems, and all.

Comments

Wee said…
We love Michigan, too!!! I guess we better since we go there every year :) So glad you had a wonderful time with your beautiful family. Looks like such fun!
Carmen O. said…
sounds fun, shar! love the pic of faye on the beach with the little bum in the diaper thingy.
megs @ whadusay said…
Sounds like so much fun - we are going to have to make that trip with you one of these days...
Jane said…
I loved your last two posts. Oh, if I ever get back to blogging, perhaps I will write about our very funny Labor Day Weekend trip to Michigan in 2009. I really should :-) I hope you are all feeling better and that this week goes well for you with Jaret gone.
Daish said…
So is Faye truly eating that sand soup?
smw said…
yes, some of the delightful lunch did make it into her system. :)

Popular Posts