After months of silence...

I'm not sure who's happier about Christmas break; me or the kids. I feel like I might have a few moments to do something besides dishes, feeding people, schooling, laundry, cleaning and bills. :) And the first non-routine thing that I'm doing is a couple of blog posts that have been waiting on me for three months.

Up first is a picture I received of Avi and Chris on Chris's wedding weekend. Avi was very distressed that there weren't any in the collection of pictures that I had in the beginning, so this made her feel better.
Next we have posing by the girls-these of Faye are being prompted by Avi


These of Avi are being prompted by homecoming. :)
These were inspired by a hair curling session:
In other riveting news, Smith made an ice cream ant after we studied ants for school. It was melting too fast to look wonderful, but he enjoyed eating it anyway.
In September we took a field trip to a local feed mill and bulk food store. Faye took this picture of Smith and I as we awaited our instructions.
A pellet of feed (I forget which animal it was for)
The room referred to as the "spider web room" by my kids. All that gray, draping stuff behind is spider webs. I think I could dream up a nightmare about that.

The kids were told ahead of time that they would get to hear a story about an animal, and then pet a live one. The story was about a cat, and there was a cat roaming around, so we thought that was the animal they were talking about. After the cat was chased down by many kids, the real star of the show came out.

The kids had to be very quiet because the fawn was nervous, but he did really well, and it was neat for the kids to see a baby deer up close.
Eating lunch at the bulk food store afterwards
And hopefully soon I'll have time to post more!

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
Glad to have you back! What a fun post. That little dear is so cute!! :) Excited to hang out with you soon.
Jon y Amy said…
So fun, I am glad to catch pieces of your family fun. :) Hope you have an awesome Christmas break!
T and M said…
I love that ice cream ant that smith made. what a cool idea! enjoy your christmas break ( :
Jacki said…
nice to see day to day happenings!
Jacki said…
So cute how Smith and Faye are inspecting the little fawn! :-)

Popular Posts