Things I Don't Do

I heard about this excerpt from a book called "Bittersweet" by Shauna Niequist and, happily, found it online today.
http://www.lynnehybels.com/article_things.asp

 It touches something in me.  Not because I have a general feeling that I need to do everything better, like she did, but because I feel like I do a little of everything, but don't excel at anything that makes me feel alive. Maybe it's one of those unfulfillable dreams that you can have a 'go to' something that gives you a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment and joy.  Never the less, I have a little hope that by identifying what I do value and also what I "don't do", I will be able to settle into who and where I am in life with less of the restlessness I feel at times.

Comments

Nichole said…
this was good. gives me something to think about. and i think i want to talk to you about it sometime :)
smw said…
sounds good! :)
T and M said…
one of my favorite parts of that book. thanks for the re-read. and by the way, i can think of several things that you (and you too, Nichole!) do quite well : ) Mandy
megs @ whadusay said…
Interesting. I'm reading a book by her right now called Bread and Wine and loving it. Will be posting a review soon. :) I like the idea of a list of things you don't do. good thoughts.
smw said…
mom and mandy-you are both sweet. :)
Daish said…
Now I know where I heard this from. I read it, when I read her book.
Christen Leigh said…
I would love to see your list sometime. I do think it is a refreshing thing to do on occasion--just to remind yourself what you value. :)
Olivia said…
I can relate with this feeling many times, Shar! loving you tons, and thinking of you!! Also missing you:(:( much love to ya!!
A. Livy
smw said…
what fun (and honor) to have you comment here, aunt livy! there is always some comfort to me in knowing that i am not alone in my thoughts/feelings. :) love you!
brenda said…
Oh shar, I related to so many things that dear lady wrote. I think I need to read that book.

Popular Posts