Last Week

We have a lot going on lately.  We've been slowly and steadily packing for the last month.  It seems we are actually getting to the end of it.  I'm coordinating VBS which is this week, Smith's birthday today, Father's day was Sunday along with serving lunch at church.  And we move out of our house this Saturday. As insane as this all sounds, it has been going really very smoothly.  I am convinced it's nothing but God's grace.

With the move out right on the horizon, I can't deny some of the sadness that comes along with a change, though goodness knows I'd like to. I'm not fond of sadness. 

With a couple of friends entering the mission field, I've heard them talk about doing healthy good byes so you can have good hellos in the new place. Since a couple of my kids are sad about leaving (one especially) I think it's probably good to address and acknowledge the sad feelings.  So at the suggestion of one of said friends, we plan to do a memory walk through our house.  All together going through each room and remembering good times that God gave us there.  It made me get teared up just thinking of doing it.  gag.  but in the end it will probably be healthy and wonderful for us all.  :)

Comments

megs @ whadusay said…
So glad the moving process has been smooth so far. Love the idea of a memory walk. Can't wait to see the new place!!
Christen Leigh said…
Aw this is sad. But I love your idea to move through each room and recall good memories--great idea! :)
Wee said…
This made me tear up too, Shar! Great idea! BTW, you are doing an amazing job this week!
smw said…
thanks, wee. :)
Jacki said…
Thinking of you--it sounds like a good idea to do that!! Sort of sad to leave your home--but people are what makes it, so when you move, your new home will feel like home, too!!

Popular Posts