walking

Well, at 10 months and 1 days Faye officially began walking. She'd taken a few steps here and there-usually while leaning towards something and grasping it at the end. But she now gets up from the floor-without holding onto anything with her hands-and walks quite a ways for a child who's just started.

She is having another flare up of reflux lately. I've read that teething can aggravate reflux in babies, which never makes sense to me, yet, whenever I can tell that teeth are starting to work their way up (not about to 'sprout', but still down in quite a bit), I think she usually IS worse with reflux. Both are happening right now.

We also ran out of her probiotic on vacation, and she was without it for about a week, which was when she started to do bad again. So maybe that's it? If so, I'm glad to know the money we're spending is doing something, but not so thrilled if she needs it that much just to keep the reflux under control-and she's only drinking her crazy hypoallergenic formula! I just can't let myself think about the future. I start to despair that this will never end, and we'll be feeding her this liquid gold and trying to keep her from grabbing solids forever. :(

On a cheerier note. I found a few pictures that I snapped on our little camera on vacation. I just had to share a few. They are Faye with Jaret's great Aunt Barb. She was great grandma Wieland's sister. She and her husband still come down in the winters to live with grandpa, so they were there most of the time that we were in Florida.

From the first moment that Faye saw Aunt Barb, she just LOVED her. She always wanted to go to her, but she was a little too much chub and wiggle for poor Aunt Barb to hold much. :) Aunt Barb is great with kids, though, and they spent a nice amount of time together playing on the floor.Their shirts matched, so we had to get pictures of them together. :)Isn't that a cute, little, adoring face?

Comments

Jacki said…
How cute!! did they get those matching tops, or just happen to have them?
Jane said…
Pictures of Aunt Barb on the web!!! How exciting--I love them. So seet that they have a special bond since she never got to meet Grandma Margaret.
Wee said…
Just precious! When I first glanced at the pictures (before reading your notes), I actually thought that was Marg, and I had to do a double take to make sure that was Faye in the pictures. Thought, "That can't be Marg; Faye wasn't born yet..." Then I realized who it was.

I hope Faye (and you) start experiencing improvement in her little body.
smw said…
the shirts were a coincidence, but ironically, faye's was one that great grandma wieland had picked out for avi.
Daish said…
Shar, I love the third one...I love Faye's expression of adoration like you said. I can't wait to see that amazing girl walking.
Jacki said…
That gives me shivers, Shar. It seems like one of those special things the Lord does!
Christen Leigh said…
Oh my! Those pictures are so cute!! Crazy little Faye.....

Popular Posts