Florida

About 3 weeks ago we decided to go on vacation to Florida with Mom and Dad Wieland. It came at a great time, because every year by the end of January, everyone in the house is getting grouchy from being cooped up, and I begin to wonder why I am homeschooling.

So we left a little over a week after we decided. We stayed in a cute little cottage that was on the Indian River. A 3-5 minute drive from the ocean and only slightly longer to Great Grandpa Wieland's house (which was filled to the brim with other family members.)

Smith loved our house from the moment we walked in and affectionately called it "our fishy house". (There was fish decor here and there.) The first night as he was saying his prayers, he thanked God for our "cute, little cabbage". (mix cottage and cabin to get cabbage.)

Here it is, though the picture doesn't capture it as well as real life.

Avi enjoyed taking bike rides, playing on the beach and in the ocean. She insisting she wasn't cold, even though it was in the 60's-both the air and the ocean. But actually, knowing her, she probably wasn't.
Daddy and Fafe.
The sand was oh, so tasty, as were the sticks, shells, and various other things she grabbed and stuck in her mouth. She was fast. She knows what she wants-and that Momma is likely to take it. :)
Both Avi and Smith were afraid of grass and snow until between 18 and 24 months. They never had a chance at those ages to try out sand, but i'm sure it would have been the same. But does it surprise anyone that this little girl wasn't the least bit deterred by a new texture? Not just on her feet, but hands, legs, mouth, etc. Within 10 minutes of being put in it, she was in crawling position, literally plowing through it. Always up for an adventure, that one!
My little man, who is not a real people person and never gets too excited or distressed about people coming or going, fell in love with the ocean. He asked me on Saturday if the next day was the last day at the ocean. I told him yes. He laid his head on me and cried like he was losing his best friend. It was so sweet.He's at the age where he says cute, sweet, little things all the time. He is always telling me that he's never moving or getting married. He's going to "stay wif you forever." On this trip he told me that he's even going to die with me. And today, when i forgot that he's never going to get married and told him that I think he should marry an adventurous, funny girl, he said, "No. Weememboe? I'm going to stay wif you forever. I'm going to die wif you, too. Everyone is going to die on the day that mommy dies." Oh, how I treasure these days when I'm all the world in his eyes.
Another cute little thing was when Faye was trying to take her headband off. She was having a very difficult time, and it was really funny. Smith was cracking up and loudly exclaimed, "Avi, I laughed my face off at Faye taking off her headband!"

There are more, but since you aren't his mother, I'm sure that's enough. :)

Until next time!

Comments

Jacki said…
What fun pictures and comments. i would love to hear the rest of Smith's comments--maybe on Monday? Look forward to seeing you all. I'm so glad you could enjoy a fun family time. God is good. Psalm 33:1
Christen Leigh said…
Awww I would have listened to the rest of the stories, too! What a cutie. :) Fun post!
Shar~
How much fun for your family! Smith is so cute..you need to write those down in his baby book so you can always remember. He definitely made me laugh as I pictured him telling you that!
Nichole said…
Smith's comment about dying with you and the whole world would die, too - that just brought tears to my eyes. To be thought so highly of by your children - Proverbs 31 comes to mind - your children will rise up and call you blessed.
Glad you could get away to Florida!
Tami said…
i could never get tired of smudgeisms!!!! i don't remember him laying his head down and crying when me, who is supposed to be his 'buddy' left! oh wait, then again, the ocean isn't forcing his friendship on this little guy! :)

it's sooo cute how he wants to stay with you. i LOVED the quote how everyone will die when mommy dies...that's a true statement. :)
L, Ann and boys said…
I think the comments are darling...just darling. =o) My boys have never wanted to marry me when they grow up...or not yet anyway. Adrian says that he's going to grow up and find his "life" which means he means to say "wife". I don't correct him, finding is somewhat true and very cute. =o)

Ann
megs @ whadusay said…
Looks like so much fun! It makes me so excited for our little Florida getaway. Yipee!!

I agree with everyone else by the way, I love the smudgeisms and could totally take more. :)
Jane said…
Thanks for sharing--I loved it!!Beautiful pics of your beautiful children too.
Jami said…
Shar - those Smith quotes are hilarious! I would listen to lots more!! :)

Love you!

Popular Posts