The End of the House Story

This is where our home search has lead us...

Yes, right back to where we started.

For a few details, this week we had the inspection on the house we planned to buy, and it just wasn't a positive report. That paired with little strange things that we were prepared to be fine with just made us realize that we couldn't feel good about buying that house with the intent that it be our 'forever' home. And when we move from this house, we really want to move to our forever home.

In the last month or two, I've said several times that I really don't care if we go or stay, I just want to be done being in limbo, so this feels pretty good to me. There is some sadness at not being near water and woods and having our own little private plot of earth, but we trust that time will come.

For now, we are diving into remodeling plans to make the space we have more useable. We plan to redo the basement and create an outdoor living space that will be a 'quiet' retreat. Not quite a woods, but hopefully relaxing and inviting. We can pay down on this house quickly, be freer financially, and probably move then in 5-10 years. So in the end, we're pretty excited.

I know it's a weird ending to the story that seemed so perfectly amazing, but we can see several good things that have come from the whole process. I know we prayed for Sue and her family a ton, which never would have happened if we hadn't met her and planned to buy her house. We also would have hesitated to spend money on our house before this whole process, not knowing how long we'd be here. But after looking for about a year and trying to sell for about 7 months, we know we don't want to do this again anytime soon. :)

And that's the news from Lake Wobegon...

Comments

Rebekah said…
I'm glad for you that there is a final conclusion. Being in limbo can be such a frustrating place. I'm glad you are okay with the outcome. It will be fun to see what you do with your place!

Love ya,
Leslie Ringger said…
congrats, shar... it's a different exciting, but a good exciting none the less. i can't wait to see what you guys do. let me know if i can come out and help!
smw said…
leslie, weren't you supposed to be coming out with tami sometime? we'll always take help! :)
Nichole said…
a bittersweet ending but I am thankful you are at peace with the outcome. the thought of paying a house down and remodeling are exciting times, too! thanks again for sharing, Shar.
Wee said…
Shar, I am glad your search has led you to "where you are." You were truly glowing when I talked with you this morning, which is evidence of the peace and contentment that you have. Your attitude has been amazing!

P.S. I really loved having Faye this morning!
Jane said…
You still have a really cute house. Those shots are great! Isn't it great to see how God grows you--full circle to contentment. May God give you wisdom as you make your remodeling plans. I know someone who has lots of experience with that, and so do you!!! :-)
megs @ whadusay said…
Well, that's exciting - and answered prayer! I echo the sentiments placed by the commenters before me! :)

Love ya!
megs @ whadusay said…
Maybe we will have to plan another trip out so Kory can help! :)
T and M said…
thanks for sharing your "journey" along the way. I'd love to hear your ideas for an outdoor space ( :
Heidi said…
I am glad for you guys that it has turned out to be a peaceful ending to the search and that you can have some excitement with the idea of doing some remodeling. How fun! Keep us posted on the process!
Daish said…
Lake Wobegon! I llike Lake Wobegon! Shar, I'm excited to see what you guys do, and i love how you work through and process things. I learn so much just from being your friend. i do love you and miss you. :)
Jacki said…
We just got home---i love the pictures of your house, and i love your house,(i should say "i love your HOME", because that is what makes a house, the love and memories and people in it) and it is exciting to see how God leads, lots of surprises, but all good when we have peace and feel Him in it :-)

Popular Posts