The Midwife's Apprentice

I just read the above mentioned children's book.  I've decided that I am going to keep a list of books I've read, because I can't even remember what I read this past fall, and I sure wish I could.  I know I read some great book, and I'd like to get another from the same author, which is hard when you can't remember anything about it.  (I wonder if there is any connection between this ridiculous fogetfulness and the stupid, pesky gray hairs that I keep finding.)

Anyway.  The Midwife's Apprentice gave an interesting and educational look into village life in medieval times.  It told the story of a homeless girl finding her place in the world.  There were a few details that I really wouldn't have thought of as children's material, but they weren't at all graphic, and probably would have passed over a kids' head anyway.  I would probably let Avi read it.  It was written by Karen Cushman.  It was a super fast read and fun.

That's all.  :)

Comments

megs @ whadusay said…
I've seen that at the library and I think I almost got it but then passed for some reason, may have to pick it up again. :)
Christen Leigh said…
Sounds good! It was fun to hang out on Sunday--hope your week is going swell!! :)

Popular Posts