Is That Smell Me?!

So one of the biggest thrills for Jaret regarding the Instant Pot is the ability to make bone broth in it.  I have been making my own bone broth for the supposed stomach healing properties of it, but it requires cooking the bones in my slow cooker for 24-48 hours.  This happens every week or two, and there have been a few uncomfortable nights between the two of us where we woke disoriented and wondering if the weird/rather unpleasant smell we were breathing in was some bad b.o.  As it turns out, it was just the bone broth.

A relief, however, it makes the need for more bone broth a less than thrilling prospect. Particularly for my husband who may go to bed without realizing that I started another batch and wake up feeling distressed by his aroma.  :)

So I made it in the Instant Pot this week.  Guess how long it took?!!!!  Including the preheating and cool down? Under two hours.  I put the bones and vinegar in (kept it very simple this time).  Filled it with water to just under the max fill line.  Closed the lid, pressed a few buttons and the pot did the rest. Seriously, I should sell these.  If you are a woman with lots of cooking to do and don't feel like you have the time to do it all, this could revolutionize your life.  :)

Comments

smw said…
Rebekah, I don't know where your comment went, but i hope it shows up here soon... anyway, here is a link to a post that reviews the instant pot and a stove top pressure cooker. i really like this girl and she is very well versed in the kitchen. i got the instant pot versus a stove top model because i'm scared and distractible and was afraid of causing explosions due to my neglect/brainlessness. :) tell me what you decide!!
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/lets-talk-pressure-cookers-part-1/
sandra said…
Tell us more:)......I can easily be talked into one of these I think.
Rebekah said…
I really wish I had had one of these when we did GAPS!! Would have made the broth thing so much more doable...we ended up usually making chicken broth instead
smw said…
It DOES make it tons more doable!!

Popular Posts