Loving...

This past weekend we were at a yearly gathering with Jaret's side of the family. I had a conversation with one of his cousins that I thought was good and fun, and I decided to use it here. (Thanks, Jami!) She said, "I know you have a lot of hard stuff going on, but is there anything that you are loving right now?"

So, I told her about the "What Should I Read Next" podcast. I already wrote about it in my last post, but here's a bit more info. The host interviews a different person each episode, and asks them several questions: What are 3 books you've loved, 1 book you've hated, and what are you reading now? She also asks what they would like to change in their reading life. They then have a conversation about it all (so fun), and at the end, the host(ess) recommends three new books for the guest to try.

That's it! Simple, entertaining, and informative!

Anything that you've been loving lately that you'd like to share?

Comments

Sounds like an interesting podcast -- even for non readers like me!

I love the question Jami asked you!
leah said…
I love hearing what people are loving!

I am loving theskimm - it's an email you can subscribe to get every m-f morning and it gives you a skim of the news. I'm HORRIBLE at staying up to date w current events and this has helped in a way to be more aware. (I think they try to be middle of the road, but leans left I'd say). It's written in such a readable way!

Also just listened/read "Space at the Table" & "Hillbilly Elegy" - really enjoyed both!
smw said…
That news email sounds perfect! I kind of want something short and sweet like that that doesn't make the world sound deeply terrifying at all times. :)

I'll look into those other two. I like having a bunch of possible reads.
Q said…
I am loving John Piper's sermon series on 1 Peter. It has brought so much clarity and insight and conviction and faith and hope and trust and love and identity. Exactly what I needed during this chapter of life.
smw said…
It is so good to hear how God is meeting you in this season. Looking forward to tonight!

Popular Posts