More on Speedy and Other Late Breaking News :)

Our little Faye is just slightly over 8 months now. Last week we realized that she knows how to wave 'bye bye' and hello. She's often moving her hands around, and not until last week did we notice a distinct response when we said 'hi' and 'bye'.

Well, today I further noticed that her babbling 'bay' 'bay' co-ordinated suspiciously well with her waving. I am 95% sure she can say "bye bye". She also stood unassisted for 5-10 seconds in her crib today. Seriously, this kid is crazy.

In other heart stopping news, our freezer was collecting some nice little puddles in it here and there this morning. After some investigation, I realized that everything was slowly thawing. The food was still cold, and the stuff in the fridge part was still cool, so I moved all the frozen foods to the basement deep freeze and stuck all the refrigerated stuff out on the deck in the snow. I was feeling pretty chipper that my refrigerator broke down in the winter. Just pretty handy.

So the repairman came and worked on it and got it going again. I scrubbed the thing 'til it was glistening. (It has been one of those nasty things that I try to ignore in my house, but with everything cleared out, I thought it was time to do it.) After cleaning it, I moved most of the stuff back in; happy to have a clean, working refrigerator.

However, as I was making supper, I noticed that things were not real cold, and the ice from the ice maker was still dripping in the freezer. Sigh. After calling the repairman and checking into a couple things, it was determined that our fridge is dead.

Our fridge was built into the cabinetry and is sort of an odd size. Jaret was doing research on possible replacements and was becoming distresses at how much space there was going to be between the fridge and the cabinets. He suggested (truly 1/2 seriously) that we just leave the non working one in the kitchen for looks, and buy a cheap one that we could keep in garage with the food in it. It was a slightly tempting thought, in the fact that I'm SURE I would eat less if the fridge was not right in front of me. But in the end, practicality won out. I can't imagine having to go out to the garage every time I needed something from the fridge.

So Jaret went out and got a new one that will be delivered tomorrow, but until then I'm having a jolly time pretending that I'm one of the boxcar children, storing my food out side in our make shift refrigerator. (Read: cardboard boxes and cooler.) Now if only I had done school with the kids instead of cleaning out the old refrigerator. I'm sure the dump isn't going to enjoy it's pristine condition.

Comments

Jacki said…
Oh Shar! I am so sorry, and here I was feeling a sense of accomplishment with you as you were putting things back in your fridge today. I'm sure sorry. ---This is one of those things you will laugh about? --(maybe not yet!)
Wee said…
Jaret's suggestion is hilarious! When I read it, I had to chuckle because it sounded so much like my hubby. I am glad for you, though, that everything worked out for the good! We may not think so at the time, but God's timing is always perfect!
Jami said…
Sorry about your fridge Shar! Getting a new one is kind of fun too, right!! :)
megs @ whadusay said…
Faye amazes me - that child can go!!!

Sorry to hear about your fridge - glad you could enjoy being without one for a little while! :)

Popular Posts