Our getaway

last week jaret and i were in naples for a vacation without the kids. it was harder for me to leave them than ever before, partially due to faye's issues, which kindly resurfaced on the way to my parents. i just kept thinking, "how can i leave three kids with my mom for a week, and especially when one is not doing well?" i ended up breaking down and bawling when we got to mom's, but she seemed to not be phased by it at all, so in the end, we continued on our way. (which was in question on the car ride out there.)

the first 1/2 of the trip we were with kory and megan. we've talked about going to naples together for a long time, and we finally made it happen. it was great fun, as always.

jaret and i never get pictures taken of the two of us together, so it was my goal to get some this trip. we spent the second half of the trip alone together.
one night we were hanging out and ended up making fun of typical myspace photos. here are some of our attempts. let me tell you, it was hard to get something that looked so stupid, all while trying to look cool. let's just say it: it's either one or the other, people.

and then the wii tournaments.
me and megan
kory and jaret didn't want to be left out. :) you can tell that from the picture, can't you?
one final picture before leaving for our flight. goodbye, dear naples. we'll miss you. (why are these words showing up as a link to this picture?) thanks to gary and marla for their generosity once again. it's always grand.

Comments

Jane said…
Boy, I sure haven't talked to you for a long time. I didn't even know you were going or gone!!! Where have I been? I'm glad you had a great time and from the looks of your kids yesterday, it looked like they survived it just fine--they are beautiful! Really goofy pics of you and Jaret, by the way.
Wee said…
I'm jealous :) that you got away with your hunny for a week! So glad you had a great time and were able to relax being away from your kiddos.
T and M said…
I saw that you are wanting rhubarb plants-I have tons-help yourself. Not sure if they would do well if they got moved now?

Your MySpace pics are hilarious. ha! Mandy
Christen Leigh said…
Shar! Your myspace pictures slay me....... they say everything that needs to be said about how I also feel about such photos. :)

Looks like a blast--it was fun to see you for a small smackeral on Saturday. Love ya!
Rebekah said…
I have to confess...I am slightly jealous of Megan...Okay, more than slightly....REALLY JEALOUS!! moving on...

no, really, how fun! I'm glad you guys got a vacation where you can actually really relax!

love ya.

Popular Posts