Life lately

School starts in a week and one day. We are pretty excited for that around here. I dread having to get to bed earlier (up to our room between 9:30 and 10!!) and waking earlier (definitely not natural for me), but I think having a schedule will be a good change.

Avi found out today that a girl from her Sunday school class has the same teacher that she does. We're both pretty excited about that. I'm glad someone we know and trust will be there while she learns the ropes of public school.

This is Chris's last week here for the summer. As she has stated several times, this is most likely the only time she'll live here in her life, and I'm sad to have her head back to school. We are trying to make the most of these last days. She's not working as much, and we've gone swimming, had suppers together, watched a movie and plan to go to the lake with her and Rach and Jason tomorrow. She will be sorely missed come Friday. :(

On the home front: still waiting for someone to buy our house. This weekend we have an open house on Sunday afternoon and another showing either Friday night or Saturday. We are going to be gone all day Saturday at a college reunion for Jaret, so I need to get the house in near perfect condition by Friday afternoon. It's been weighing on me all week.

I wish I was the type that got firey and fast when I was stressed. Instead I get overwhelmed and want to go lay down. (and maybe cry.) Chris tried to point out to me that I don't have to have the house perfect. I'm trying to embrace that, but for some reason I tend to be a little perfectionistic about cleaning (which is probably why I hate it so and do it as little as possible), and I'm not entirely sure how to do a half way good job for an important event like THE DREADED OPEN HOUSE.

Today as the kids spilled stuff on the carpet 4+ times I had to question the wisdom of trying to sell a house with kids this age. In 5 years I'd probably have a few less reasons to be so edgy in this whole process.

Anyway. I've moaned enough. I suppose the prudent thing to do at this point would be some cleaning and decluttering.

Comments

megs @ whadusay said…
I'm with you, I tend to get overwhelmed and just want to sleep when I get stressed, or maybe read a book and forget about everything else!

As for the cleaning, as long as it looks nice it works. For example, you don't need to scrub the bathroom, just make sure it is wiped up. Don't worry about dusting unless it is completely obvious. If everything is picked up (a big job especially with kids), I bet it will look great!

So glad Aviah has a sunday school classmate in her school class. That has been a great thing for Mya too!

Hang in there friend! Love you!!
megs @ whadusay said…
Oh, by the way, love the new look of your blog!

And I dread the having to get up early again too, not that its too much earlier around here during school than summer, but a half hour more feels like a lot!
smw said…
megan,
thanks for the cleaning tips and sharing in my cleaning sorrows. :)

and thanks for the compliment on the new look. :)

love you, too!
Christen Leigh said…
It IS a fun new look!

Love you lots, Shar! Thanks so much for a couple fun days and a whole great summer.

Oh, and by the way, I was def. in a very contemplative/weepy mood after that movie last night. How right you were!
Nichole said…
I'm sad to see Chris go, too. We had her over for lunch several times at GW and she even watched our kids once. She has such a gentle spirit and I am really glad to have met her and gotten to know her. Give her a good-bye hug for me! :)

Popular Posts