We are awesome parents

Yesterday after Sunday school, Smith came and sat by Jaret at lunch. He had learned about the story of Pentecost, and Jaret (always trying to keep the mind vibrant) asked Smudge why he thought that he (Jaret) didn't get a flame of fire on his head when he received the Holy Spirit. Smith replied something along the lines of, "Because you aren't in Heaven," which lead to a conversation that made us aware of the fact that our son believes that all the Bible stories happened in Heaven.

Honestly, we have no idea where he got this, but obviously we've done a great job of communicating certian facts. Jaret tried to explain that they happened here on earth, but Smith was convinced that Jaret was just teasing him. (Imagine that.) We asked if he thought Jesus died in Heaven. He said that he died in the earth that is in Heaven. (?) We discussed it again last night, and I think he realizes that these things happened here, but he's still trying to getting his mind around it.

This morning Jaret's foot was hurting him, and he said he hoped he didn't have cancer. I said to Jaret, "I hope that we can raise our children so that they don't think they have a dreaded disease everytime they have an ache or pain." :) (Don't worry. It was a light hearted conversation.) This led to us discussing a friend who is afraid that her child might die everytime it gets sick. (You who are reading, know who you are.) :) Smith said, "Nat's even weirder nan nat nu Bible stories happened on nis wuld." Oh, my.

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
Hehe thats really funny. Oh Smith. :)
Daish said…
FUNNY! FUNNY! :) I wonder if that friend is related to Jaret?
Heidi said…
Too funny! That would change my view of what Heaven is like, to think all that happened on the earth is there...yikes! :)
Nichole said…
maybe he's getting it from the Lord's prayer "on earth as it is in heaven" - sounds convincing if you don't understand the wording :)
Jacki said…
Quite funny!! And you are awesome parents. Aren't you glad he realized it now rather than at 20? :-)
megs @ whadusay said…
Oh that made me laugh! :)
Jane said…
I am back...I like your new look. I have so much to catch up on. Since we can't do it at church, this is as good a place as any. I love you guys! and I love your cute cute kids.
Christen Leigh said…
Thou must post a post...... post haste!

hehehehehehe. :)

Hey, I'm going to be in F-ville this weekend if that influences what you do-- it would be great to see ya! Love ya!

Popular Posts