Last day at Disney World

So here we begin our second, and last, day at Disney.

Avi sporting her souvenir. Smith made a light saber the day before at Downtown Disney for his.
Buckling Faye into this stroller and handing her snacks was our way to keep a decent pace down the streets.
The Swiss Family Treehouse. We hope to watch the movie sometime soon with the kids.

Faye was very excited to go on this ride...

and she loved it. She squealed like crazy, making us all laugh.
I remember this as being my dad's favorite part. I wonder if my memory serves me correctly.

Leaving for a nap
On the way back in after naps we saw this ceremony for taking down the flag.
Waiting in line for the boat ride in Adventure land.
I love elephants.
After the flying carpet ride, Faye was excited to ride the flying Dumbos. Or Jumbos, as Smith insists on calling him. He thinks it's mean to call him Dumbo. :)

At the end of the day we got to see the Spectro Magic parade or the Parade of Lights, as I used to call it as a kid. I remember loving it, and I was so excited to have my kids see it.







It seemed like a perfect end to a great day, but we also got to take another ride on Small World, with no wait. The kids were really happy that they got to ride it again.
As we were walking back towards the front, all of the sudden fireworks started. We were right between the two different places that they were setting them off, so we were right in the middle, surrounded by them. It was awesome. Music to accompany it, of course.

Smith was so excited. He was practically beside himself.



The sights as we were leaving...

To sum it up, I know I sound weird, but I got teared up many times at Disney World. It's so great to have a place that is done so well, and you know it's even more magical for kids because they are so easily transported to places outside of reality. Really most people were happy at Disney World, and we were all pretty happy, too. There's a lot of wonder and awe, and I know this sounds weird, too, but it feels like a little piece of Heaven. Happiness, good times with people you love, wonder, awe.

When I look back at the videos and pictures, I can get teared up again. It almost leaves a little ache. I think it's an ache for the real Heaven. Where the wonder is completely perfect and never ends. So it was a great trip. We've thought back on it often this past week, and commented on how thankful we are that we got to go.

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
How fun!! I loved looking at all the pictures and videos! The kids' reactions to the surprise was the best. :)
megs @ whadusay said…
Shar, I agree with your closing thoughts, our days there were so great too...

Glad you had a "magical time". It was so fun looking at all your pictures and remembering our trip. :)

And, I kinda think my dad liked the country bears the best too (although we didn't make it there on our trip!).
Leslie Ringger said…
man, this makes me want to go really bad! great post and pics, shar. glad you had such a great time
Daish said…
creed says, "hello."

This looks like so much fun as I've said before. I loved looking at all the pictures, and we watched the videos a few times over... I loved Smith's reaction when he realized you guys were in the left lane. :)

creed says, "Hi," to Smith and to Aviah and to Faye and Shar and to Uncle Jaret. "That's all of them, and no more," he said.

Popular Posts