Costumes Galore

I'm so behind in my posting, but soon I'm planning to make my yearly 'scrapbook' out of this blog, so end of December or not, here's the news about our Halloween festivities. :)

So to start with, the Friday before Halloween, we decided to go to Youth Fellowship night. I found out that afternoon that it was combined with a costume party, so I dug around and found the following outfits for the kids. It took a little stitching here and there to make some old stuff work, but we made it in time. Not in time for me to have a costume, (not that I cared), but everyone else had one, and Avi gave me the idea of going as 'Sharlin's twin'. A clever girl.

Smith as an angel, Faye as a Princess, and Avi as a queen
Jaret as '3 hole punch Jaret'
The next night Rach had her second annual Bible Characters Costume Party. I was the angel in Baalam's path, and Jaret was the donkey, or as he preferred, the ass.
These two were the lovely Rachel and the ugly Leah. Can you guess which is which? Amazing that such a lovely girl can apply costume in such a way as to achieve this.


Samson and Delilah
Two fruit of the Spirit


The sky and a rainbow
Sunday we decided to have a dress up party for the kids and their friends, also Bible themed, since it was Sunday and all. Avi decided to follow Jaret's lead and was a donkey. This is her with her friend Michaela.
Gage as Jesus with two friends
Faye exploring the apple bobbing station early

Kiera as Mary. Faye wanted to be a princess. I figured there were daughters of kings in the Bible, right?
Shane and Kurt

Fun bobbing for apples. Jaret kindly took the pictures. It was really cold. I would not have wanted to do this activity if I was a kid. I stayed inside and got the supper ready.


One of the more entertaining moments (or more accurately, hour or two) of the evening was how late our pizza was to arrive. I could go into great detail about how long they said it would be and how we called twice, 1/2 wondering if the person had been in a car wreck, and how we ate all the sides, plus whatever we could find in the cupboards as we waited, but that pretty much sums it up. Kind of a funny time all hanging around the kitchen hungrily. All that fun, and a free side the next time we order! A truly wonderful experience. :)

Comments

heidi said…
looks like so much fun and everyone was so creative.
Christen Leigh said…
Fun times! The pizza experience sounds.....patience-building. :)
Jacki said…
Such fun costumes. i am impressed with all of the originality. it seems the best i ever did was old clothes stuffed with pillows, or maybe a fancy nightgown for a princess. :-)

Popular Posts