OH MY WORD.

That is an exclamation of sheer frustration. Potty training is proving to be a baffling experience for me this time around. The first few days she did great, basically no accidents. Then she started having times of going when she shouldn't, saying how she likes to pee in her undies, wants to pee in her undies, but doesn't want to wear diapers, etc. She was getting spotty in her efforts by the end of the week, and since we were traveling, I just put her in pull ups because I wasn't going to deal with cloth undie accidents who knows where.

Shockingly, yesterday, all through church at a new place, a wedding, a reception, and a 6 hour trip home, she kept them dry. There were no potty's any where near 1/2 the time, and the other 1/2 she didn't know where they were, but she still did it. It made me think, "Ok. I'll just keep plugging away with this. Then this morning, she has on her regular undies, we are back at home, seconds from 3 familiar bathrooms. And what does she do? Pees ALL over (by walking all over during it, I guess) my freshly cleaned carpets. Freshly, like they were just done Friday before we left, so we've lived on them only this morning. GRRR...

So I send her to the bathroom to wait for me while I put some towels on the floor, and she soon calls me in a jolly voice to tell me that now she's peed on the hard floor. OH MY WORD. I can't help but notice the joy that she is taking in these experiences as she is totally unaffected by wetting herself, and indeed continues to say how she likes to pee in her undies. I don't think I have the nerves (or hormones) for this right now. I put her back in a diaper...

Comments

arlan and katie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
arlan and katie said…
hmm, so little Ms. Faye understands familiarity and knows exactly how to respond with her, uhm, urinary tract!?

my prayers go out to you...I'm definitely taking notes from you Shar when Haven's ready!

Kt
Daish said…
i would definitely have put my little child back in diapers, either that, or get fat by eating so much food from stress. (not really, i mean, kind of not really.) :)
Jacki said…
This could be really funny, but i somehow don't think i would think it was funny if i were you. (it might be a little more funny if all the floors were hard? :-(

i am sorry for your trouble!! this too shall pass-------------
Christen Leigh said…
Leave it to Faye to be ornery even in potty training. :)

I loved being with you this weekend-- a delightufl surprise, indeed! :)
Wee said…
Faye, Faye, Faye, you little squirtzy! Hang in there, Shar! I'll be praying for you!
megs @ whadusay said…
Oh Shar, Sean is so over due with the start of potty training, although on the way to florida he would say things like "have to go pee in the potty" which was just a ploy to get out of his car seat.

I tried one day, he peed in his undies and refused to put them back on. He was begging for his diaper. Sigh.

Potty training feels really hard this time around. :)
The Wielands said…
I was about to ask last night if you had started potty training...maybe a good thing I didn't?! :) That's exactly what I'm "anticipating" Jacey to be like; ho-hum... Goodd luck!

Popular Posts