Birthing Center Bliss

This week Jaret and I found out that a birthing center opened at the end of last year just 20 minutes away from us. Ever since I was pregnant with Avi, I wished I could give birth in a birthing center, but there has never been one close. So last night we went to check it out, and it could have made me cry because it is everything that I've always wanted. Everything that I dread about being in the hospital is gone, yet it's a place a few buildings away from the hospital with staff trained to deal with medical complications that could arise.

The atmosphere is like a home and was so peaceful and cozy. Jaret said it actually makes him look forward to the event. :) And that's saying quite a bit.

I am so happy and so thankful that we found out about this when we did. I would have been so sad to find that it existed after this little guy was born. I am feeling so blessed that on baby #4 it looks like I'll get to experience birthing in an atmosphere that I've always longed for. Another thing I'm thanking the Lord for.
The living room which was so warm and cozy in person.
The little kitchen for preparing food
A cozy room
The room we'll probably use because it has more space to move around in.

Comments

heidi said…
I've heard of birthing centers, but never really knew what they were. It seems so nice and laid back. It's like having your baby at home, without having to have your baby at home...if that makes sense.
Sandra said…
wow, how great is that for you!! Glad you found it in time for this little guy.
Looks just like a house...kind of neat. I do have a question....do you give birth in that room then? Do they put things down on that comforter or remove it or something?? I can't imagine everyone using the same comforter. Just curious. Maybe you deliver in the tub?? With E I sat in a jacuzi tub in my own room all the way up till I gave birth...then I moved to the bed.
smw said…
yep, that's the room you deliver in, but all the nice pillows and comforters are removed-probably before we get there. and you do have the option of birthing in the tub.
T and M said…
What! I heard that one of the local doctors was thinking about opening this, but didn't know that it happened...too bad i didn't know about this 4 weeks ago! Glad for you to give it a try (:
Wee said…
Oh, Shar, I am absolutely thrilled for you! I don't know if you know it, but I had both Megan and Leah at home. Grace was born in the hospital, simply because we had just moved here and I didn't know where midwifery stood in IN. Being in a "home" atmosphere is the greatest experience! I can't wait to hear how your birth story plays out!
Tami said…
That's amazing! I almost want to hang out with you while you're having the baby! I know, that's really odd, so I won't, but it looks so cozy. :)
I keep forgetting that you're pregnant! It's terrible. For all the girls that will be around his age, I thank you and Jaret for bringing another little Wieland boy into this world...pretty sure you can't have too many of them. :) I'm so excited to see this little guy!

Popular Posts