Our trip away

On MANY occassions, my mother has kindly watched our kids so that we could get away alone.  I could never thank her enough for it.  It is always so refreshing.  We went away for three nights over the Memorial Day weekend.  We spent the time in Michigan.  Near Holland. I'm sad that these pictures arne't in order, but I'm not going to spend time figuring out how to do it with this new version of blogger.
One day as we were driving along some back roads, we saw a sign that said, "Mansion, free tours today".  So fun.  How often do you randomly get to tour a mansion?  We followed the signs through the country and found this historic home.  It was so fun to look through and read about.
 

 I LOVE the shops that we find in the little towns along Michigan's western coast.  They are so artsy and unique.  One of my favorite past times is strolling through the streets and popping into the appealing little shops we find there.  These were in a window.
 My hot dinner companion.  :)
 Isn't this a fun trash can?  Seen in a dressing room in one of those splendid shops.  :)
 Cute find on the shelf
 Could have bought about everything in the shop.  If I had the money and body for it all.  :)

 Stopping to admire the view:

 and nap
Thanks again, Mom!!!

Comments

Looks like a WONDERFUL trip! I'm with you - so blessed to have parents who are willing to watch the kiddos. Breaks are so great...

Thanks for sharing!
T and M said…
this looks so fun! i need to get the scoop sometime on where you stayed & the artsy shops locations...looks like something we would enjoy ( :
Jacki said…
The pleasure is ours when we get to keep the kiddos. The years fly by and we always love it, them, and you!!!!

xox, Mom (and Dad)
Jacki said…
The pleasure is ours when we get to keep the kiddos. The years fly by and we always love it, them, and you!!!!

xox, Mom (and Dad)
Jacki said…
Why does it do these things??? :-)
smw said…
who can say? these techy things confuse me too. :)
Jacki said…
P.S. Who is the guy you are riding behind? He reminds me of Abraham Lincoln :-)
smw said…
it was actually a painting of a group of people. jaret just wanted to get me in on the fun. :)

Popular Posts