The Fairy Tale Aspects of Life

I hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this post (as I seem to have done 3-4 years ago with another house) but I guess I'm going to go ahead and take that chance. 

It appears that we are going to be moving!  Our current house is sold; inspection done and went well, the buyers (friends of ours) are already putting down roots here by planting an awesome garden, so basically we just need to close.  Scheduled for the end of June. 

We found a house, quite unexpectedly, a month and a half ago.  We have casually looked for years, always calling up Jaret's cousin, a realtor, to show us anything that had potential.  He never really pursued us because we were only casually looking.  But one morning he called and asked if we would like to come take a look at a place with him in a half hour that he had seen the day before.  My thought was, "I don't know why we would."  After years of looking, it seemed we had a pretty good thing here, and I had really begun to wonder if we'd just stay here forever.  But I called Jaret and he said, "Sure, why not."  I threw a hat over my unshowered head, dropped Smith off at school and met them at the house. 

We made an offer that morning.  There were a lot more showings scheduled, and it was kind of everything we always hoped to get and for a very doable price. They accepted our offer that night, even though someone else had offered them more later that day. 

So here's a little sneak peek.


It's a cute little house (maybe some emphasis on little.) Word floors, white woodwork, cottagy type spaces. It feels a little like an old farm house inside, but it's only 3 years old. The whole place has charm and atmosphere that we love. It's on 3 acres. Lots of it is wooded, but there are plenty of open grassy areas for play and gardening. A chicken coop. Little bridges over small streams. A foliage covered lane. 

Any of you who have browsed this blog a bit might remember some lists there on the side bar-dreams for the future etc. It's fun to say that by the end of this summer quite a few of them should have a date by them. :)

Comments

T and M said…
Well, apparently it is worth leaving the house with an unshowered head! I've had a similar blog post rumbling about in my head. I think you already know that we are delighted for you & delighted for us : ) M
Jacki said…
Excited for you!!
emilykate said…
love! Can't wait to see it for real...and love your blog facelift!

Popular Posts