Two more read

I've finished a couple more children's books in the past couple of months.  One was "The Mysterioius Benedict Society".  It was interesting.  Not something that I just had to keep reading, but good.  Sort of a spy, thriller type book but a child's level of thrill.  There were lots of solid morals throughout, which is refreshing to me. 

 
The next book I read was "Understood Betsy".  I've seen this book on so many reading lists, but honestly have never had a desire to read it.  We were given a pile of books from an aunt, though, and it was among them.  So one night when I was digging through the closet for something to read, I happened upon it and decided to give it a try. It was about a girl who went from living in a very protected environment to one of adventure and responsibility and how that impacted her.  The whole book was very captivating-both the characters and the ideas.  At the end of the book I read that the author brought the Montessori method of education to America.  The concepts of a montessori school hold a lot of intrigue for me, and I think you can see that view of the world coming through in the story. I'm going to have Jaret read it to the kids at bedtime before too long.
 
 
(The cover of this book didn't do a lot to recommend itself to me, but it's better than it looks, truly!)  :)

Comments

Jacki said…
They look (sound) interesting. Not time for me to browse now though :-)

Popular Posts