Recovery Part 1. The Up Side.

Lately I've been thinking about how I once wrote that someday I would write and share when I was well. Feels like that was a long time ago. I find it therapeutic to write here, specifically when I want to distill my thoughts down to a point.

I am not well yet. I am better than I was-mentally, emotionally, physically, but I'm not well.

Since I last wrote, I found an excellent endocrinologist. I leave every appointment feeling cared for, listened to, and often hopeful.  I've also had the opportunity to sing in a worship group with some people from church this past year+. Just the practices have been so life-giving. Our family has taken trips. I've been teaching one day a week at Pierce's preschool. I've taken some piano lessons and made new friends. I continue to meet with my prayer group regularly.

I generally don't cry multiple times a day anymore. Probably a few times a week now. (Today was an exception). My thoughts are normal a large majority of the time (not so much when I get on an elevator. Or the interstate..?!). Sometimes I dream about the future again.

I'm stronger in resolve. I guess that happens when you face despair and hopelessness over and over again, see no change, but get up, get going, and ask again. And I'm not tooting my own horn about that, either. It's nothing short of God's sustenance, since I'm not the persistent type.

There has been progress in other health issues, too. I had an excellent physical therapist this past summer and fall that gave me lots of help and direction for my knee/foot/hip pain from the injury 3 years ago. I had the tumor by my ear/jaw removed in December. It was confirmed benign.

I'm living life. From the outside it probably looks like all is very good. And of course, lots is.

Comments

T and M said…
I am catching up on your blog and realizing that the Lord probably intended for me to read this today, even though you wrote it months ago. Thanks for modeling reliance on the Lord and finding joy in many things. I know you don't always feel well but am thankful for how you've ministered to me.
smw said…
I love that you are feeling His hand in the middle of your trial. And I had so much fun watching and reading your responses come in. :) It always feels funny that I have ministered to you, because it feels the opposite go me. Love ya!

Popular Posts