Concluding the three part series

The other night I was worrying and praying for someone. (Yes, I know. A pathetic view of my humanity to have those to words in the same sentence, but you can probably relate.) :) Typically in these situations my prayers go on and on with me begging God (who I'm always picturing far away on His throne with many prayers wafting up to Him) and never really feeling any sense of relief from the worry. But the other night when I was praying for a worrisome situation, I thought on the fact that I could pray to God the Spirit, who was right there with me. I said, "Ok. I'm going to go to sleep now and let you go and work on this for me." It may sound really silly, but I was totally at rest and fell asleep right away, knowing that He was there, awake, and available to work in the situation that was on my heart.

For the first time I understand why Jesus made it sound like the disciplines should want Him to go away so the Spirit could come. I'd never understood how they could have been happy to have Him leave. But when God in the body of one man leaves, and instead He sends His spirit to each person who loves and obeys him, that truly is an exciting thing.

Anyway, I don't have any awesome conclusion, except I am really thankful for this difference in my life.

And as I look over the dividing of this post, I'm thinking it was definitely a good decision. :)

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
Shar-- thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was just thinking how it was about time that you posted again. And NOW 3 posts! And good ones, too! :)

I miss you like......mad. Hopefully I will be able to visit very, very soon. Love ya!
Nichole said…
wow, shar. this has been great to read, and definitely something i needed to read as well. thanks for sharing your thoughts (they are always good ones :)
Wee said…
Shar, a thought-provoking post. Thanks! Loved the word pictures of the Spirit right there with us.
Jami said…
Shar I love hearing your heart! I love that God is revealing Himself to you in new ways, that is so exciting!!!

I love you!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful- I just read the last 3 posts, and it's blessed me big time. Thanks for your honesty and transparency.
Revelations are what happens when we truly seek out answers. This just goes to prove it. Love it~
Leslie Ringger said…
great posts, shar! thanks...

and, by the way, really smart to break up the post. speaking from someone who has a REALLY short attention span it was a wise decision :)

Popular Posts