Well... Part 1

I was going to post some cute pictures that I took of the girls, but blogger is not co-operating, so the other post that has been rolling around in my head is going to come out instead. Maybe that's good, since poor smith wasn't really part of the photo shoot. I'll try to get some of him so he's fairly represented when I post them.

I'm not sure how to keep this post of any normal length. (Cutting out sentences like these would help.) So feel no obligation or guilt if you can't stay. (or start.) :)

To just dig right in, I believe that I'm getting a new view of the Holy Spirit. It kind of started with talking to a friend who was saying that the Holy Spirit was sort of always this closed off part of the Trinity in her mind. That she didn't really know what do make of Him, and so she didn't really think about Him that much. Since she's started reading the scriptures trying to get an understanding of who He is and what he does, she has experienced some amazing and wonderful things.

It was a hopeful conversation for me, because I wouldn't say that the Holy Spirit is something I understand well, either. Hopeful because when you realize that there is an area that has so much potential for insight and growth, life and freshness are likely outcomes of the growth.

Comments

Tami said…
shar,
i loved this post. it feels like i'm sitting (no, more like leaning on your counter) in your kitchen, watching you cook as we have a good heart to heart. i really appreciated your insight because i feel very much like your friend that said she doesn't really understand the Holy Spirit, so i don't even find myself thinking about Him. you've given me good thoughts to think about...thanks.
i will definitely go visit you again...sometimes, i think back on that weekend that i visited you and it still encourages me. love you much.

Popular Posts