Part 2

The timing of this has been wonderful, because I am desiring life and freshness. Quite a few years ago I went through a time of questioning most everything I believed, though I didn't doubt there was a God who loved me. It sounds odd, but through that time I clung to Him and trusted Him to show me the truth, and I felt His peace in the midst of the turmoil. It's been a couple years now since the crucials have been settled in my mind, but knowing what to expect or what frame of reference to come from when interacting with God has remained somewhat muddled in my mind. Pair that with some difficult years, and things can seem kind of overwhelming at times.

But as I've read some verses about the Holy Spirit, one big thing has stuck out to me so far. He is not "God's little messenger boy", as I sadly would sort of think of Him. He is God, and He is living in me. This has definitely made a positive difference in my prayer life.

I realize that sometimes when things are seeming dark, I will look into the sky sort of plead with God. But He seems so far away. And it's not that I don't believe that He's everywhere or anything, but when I picture praying to God the Father, I picture Him way up in Heaven, and it can seem so hard to reach Him. But as I've thought about God the Spirit right here with me, there is such comfort. I don't have to look up and try to reach Him. He's made Himself readily available to me. I have such a peace thinking of Him right here. Ready to work on my behalf.

Comments

Popular Posts