Skunk(s)

A few weeks ago Jaret awoke in the middle of the night to the smell of skunk. It was the second time he'd been awakened by that lovely scent in a month. He began to suspect we had a skunk living under our deck. I thought it seemed a little unlikely, but I decided to keep my mouth shut, since I've been wrong before.

So Jaret borrowed a trap from Stu, and low and behold, we caught a skunk. Since it was Spring, Jaret thought we'd better set the trap again, just in case their was a spouse hiding away. So we left it there, and in a couple of days we caught another one. Fun, Fun!!

I must say, I'm glad I didn't make a big deal about how unlikely it seemed. :)

Comments

megs @ whadusay said…
Yikes! What did you do with them once you caught them? Would they try to spray you when you'd move the cage?
smw said…
yes, they would spray, and one did. but thankfully a wildlife control person was doing the moving. :)
Jacki said…
I can't believe you had skunks hiding under your porch!! Aren't men smart?? and aren't you glad that they were caught, and didn't spray one of you first?? :-)

Popular Posts