Lake Getaways

We spent the end of June and the beginning of July in Minnesota. The bulk of the time was spent at my grandma's lake cottage with my family. It is quite possibly the last time we can go there, since they are hoping to sell it. We went there every summer of my life before marraige, as far as I can remember. It's a place full of fun memories, and it was good to get back once more before it's gone forever.

Had lots of jolly times with this funny one

How Jaret spent a good deal of his indoor time.

Look carefully at Steph's hair. I came into the room to join in some fun, and she was sitting nonchalantly with with this lovely do. What a funny girl. She had taken a tall cup and wrapped her hair up and around it and fastened it tight at the top. A nice little cone head.

As you can tell, I'm really horrible about getting pictures, since not one of these pictures is outside. I did take videos of the whole place, so it will never be forgotten, but they would bore most everyone to tears, so I'll leave them out.

On the way home we took the kids to the Mall of America. Smith enjoyed the lego store, and the girls had fun at the American Girl store. We took each of the kids on a ride in the amusement park, and Jaret and I each got to look in one store. Boy, is life different with kids. :)

A few weeks after this we went to Rach and Jason's familys' cabin again with our Huber cousins. It was a ton of fun, same as last year. Maybe someday I'll actually take pictures when I'm with people.

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
Haha... thank you for those pictures. It is now officially confirmed that I am a huge wierdo. Although I guess Steph's hair is still a little crazier... ;)

Popular Posts