Fayfie Funnies

Faye does and says all kinds of funny things, but I was thinking recently that I have to get some of them down. They probably won't be as funny reading about them as they would if you could hear her voice, but at least it will jog my memory for years to come.

Lately if something goes wrong she says, "OH BUM!" In a very depressed, exasperated voice.

On the day of Avi's birthday, I was hanging streamers, and Faye wanted to get in on the fun. I gave her a couple of strips, and let her go to work. I ended up on the phone with Chris, and in the middle of the conversation, I started to hear some insistent yelling. Suddenly I stopped the conversation because I thought I heard the word, "Gracias". And indeed I had. Faye was yelling, rather pleasantly, "GRACIAS! Could I have some tape?!!!" "GRACIAS! Could I have some tape?" I about died laughing. No one in this family speaks spanish ever, so I guess I get to chalk this up to yet another thing she's learned from her favorite shows. (Not that she understands the meaning yet, obviously.) Thank you, Dora!

And last but not least, we have some elderly neighbors that all the kids just love. They are in their 90's, but still get around, and are just great. The kids tell me almost daily that they're "going to Ralph and Rose's". The candy they get is a big draw, but Smith and Avi have learned to chat with them and not just eat up their candy. Faye has not yet learned that type of politeness, which was evidenced to me the other day when she announced that she was "going to Candy Rose's." :)

Comments

Rebekah said…
those are so cute shar! you always had the cutest voice as a kid too...it's not wonder your kids are fun to listen to too!

love,
bek
heidi said…
I agree with Bek...when we listen to tapes from when we were kids, you and Rach had such cute, funny voices...and you said such funny things! Faye is too funny, all your kids are so funny in the things they say and the way they say them.
Jacki said…
i wish i could hear her say more of those cute things, she is growing up so fast!! :-(
Christen Leigh said…
A crazy little lady, that's for sure!

Maybe see you this Thursday for Dad's birthday? Either way, have a good week, meine swester.
Daish said…
Those are so cute...that little Faye. I just love her. :) Candy Rose's!!!

Popular Posts