My Musing this Morning

how do you like that alliteration?!!

Psalm 127:4-5
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them.

This verse has never connected with me like it did this morning.  I have been thinking a lot about the state of our nation, and our distance from God (wrote about this back in July), but this morning it really struck me how awesome it is to have children.  They are blessing from God that we teach and train and shoot out to fight for the Lord.  I think of my parents.  They were once two seperate people with heart for the Lord.  Through their union four more people were raised and shot out to serve the Lord.  I am one of those, and so far, from me and Jaret, God has given us four more children to train in His ways to shoot out and fight for the the Lord.  It is so cool and encouraging.  It makes me just thrilled for every child that is being raised for Jesus.

As I thought about President Obama this morning, I had the following thought: I wonder what kind of difference it could make in this country if his life became consumed with love and reverence for The Lord Most High.  He is a world leader, the leader of our nation, and has a strong core of support.  If he sought the Lord and was lead by him, I think it's pretty exciting to imagine the effect that it could have.  So when I told the kids that he has been re-elected, we talked about what an opportunity there is for amazing change if He would come to the Lord.  We are going to put our energy into praying for it.

Lastly, Faye asked that we listen "Where I belong" as we took Smith to school this morning.  It often makes me cry, and this morning was no exception.  Always a good and comforting reminder.  Here's a link in case you haven't heard it. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOjCYf5z6lc

Comments

Rebekah said…
Shar,
This is exactly what I needed to read and hear this morning. Thanks. As I lay on my bed last night crying my eyes out, Matt prayed with me for President Obama too. It's encouraging to know we are praying together for him. Love ya!
emilykate said…
Love that perspective!
T and M said…
After talking to you about this, I had to come home & read your blog, & i so appreciate these thoughts. Very encouraging to think about our God, who is able to do above all that we could ask or even imagine!
Q said…
What do we do if the Lord has chosen to harden his heart like pharaoh's? After listening to a sermon by Dr. David Jeremiah on this election it brought so clarity to where we are as a nation right now. I was very discouraged but the Lord brought this verse to mind - "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
I loved how you talked about shooting our children out into this world to be warrior's for Him. May God's will be done.
Suzy
Sandra said…
Shar,
This was pretty much my conversation with Elijah this morning as well. I told him "if only Obama was a christian and served the lord oh how our world would change". Elijah then responded "well, thats pretty much impossible". To which I replied "and what can God do?" and he replied "miracles":). So our hope and prayer is that Obama realizes who he needs!!
Jacki said…
Love these thoughts and that this world is not my home! Come, Lord Jesus! (but we want everyone saved!)
I needed this. I made the comment yesterday that I don't want to bring anymore kids into this world because the direction our country is going. Your perspective is much more godly and mature :) Thanks for sharing this...
smw said…
i asked jaret last night if he's seen my blog post (he doesn't often), but he sat down and read it then. after he was done he said, "that's really good, shar." and i said, "yeah, and i've been struggling to keep that perspective most of the day." :)
Thanks for those thoughts Shar. I often miss just chatting with you, cause I often hear so many of these good thoughts!! Love you!

Popular Posts