Jaret's birthday party

For the past several years, Jaret has been saying that it would be so fun to have a birthday party like when we were kids, where a bunch of friends come and bring gifts. So I decided to surprise him with one this past Friday. I invited the group of high school friends that he always hung out with, but in the end it seemed we might not have the biggest turn out, so I called some family, and so Dad kindly showed up, too. Brett also came home and surprised him, which was a really fun moment.

I have to say that it is basically impossible to keep a secret from Jaret. He can figure out what gift you are giving him at Christmas, even if it was a totally random idea. So that night, the kids were whispering to me at supper, and he got suspicious. (I had been smart not to tell them about the surprise until that afternoon, and I would have been smarter to never tell them at all, but oh well.) He knew his friends were coming over, but not that it was for his birthday, or any other details. But once they started getting up and whispering in my ear, Jaret said, "This isn't a surprise for my birthday or something, is it?"

At least the pies and gifts were still a surprise. :)

Here is a picture of the hero of the evening. Shane had outpatient surgery on his ear that day and still came to the party.
BK, Scott and Regan
Jaret and his pile of gifts.
Laura, Dad, Brett, Kari, and a couple kiddos



It was a fun time, and I was really thankful for all the people who came and helped make it special for him!

Comments

megs @ whadusay said…
Looks like fun! Happy Birthday Jaret!!!
Jami said…
That did look like so much fun! What a nice wife you are!! :)

Popular Posts