Mommy and Me Tea

Last week Smith's preschool had a 'Mommy and Me Tea'. Smith and I volunteered to make cookies for it, and so on Tuesday we took them in and had tea. He was instructed to pull out my chair, chew slowly (nibble), and take small sips of 'tea', and not gulp. He was all disgusted that he was supposed to do those things. It was funny to hear him express his opinions on a fancy event. :)

It was a cute little time. They read us a book, had books for us to read together, and we ate cookies and drank lemonade. The picture above is of the things that they had at each mother's spot. I wish I would have thought to take the picture at the actual event, but oh well.

They had a random assortment of tea cups with saucers. Each child got to pick which one they would use to pot the plant for their mother. It was sweet to see what Smith's choice was. At one point Smith's teacher had the kids sing some of their memory verses for us. Once again, I had a video, but it's not working.

Comments

Wee said…
How neat! That sounds like such a special time for the two of you!
Jacki said…
This is really funny. i can imagine a few other men in our family reacting the same way as Smith!! :-).
Christen Leigh said…
Very cute and fun! I am glad I got to see some pictures today in the much anticipated slideshow/movie!

Thanks for keeping me and for the fun talks--love ya lots!

Popular Posts