Mother's Day Memories

The Friday before Mother's day, Dad got done in the fields, so he and mom made the trip out here to be with us for the weekend. It's the earliest that he's ever got done with his planting, so he was tired, but happy. They babysat the kids Friday night so that Jaret and I could go on a date. We were quite grateful. While there, Jaret bought me a beautiful bouquet of 100 rose buds. It has been a lovely addition to my kitchen this past week or so.

Saturday Mom came to our Ladies Spring Banquet at church. The food was great, and we have some funny memories of an interesting song we had to rewrite words for and then perform. Then that afternoon mom and dad took the oldest two to the local hands on science museum while I stayed home and painted. It seems children always know when you're planning on some free time, and in typical fashion Faye took the shortest nap ever, so I got very little painting done. I decided that since I only had her, and I'd run into town to a fun little antique shop. While I was there I found a cute chair and side table for her bedroom. So it wasn't a waste after all.

The next day started off with fun gifts and sweet cards. Then church and out for supper with mom and dad, Rach, Jason, Carolyn and Jack. It was sort of in celebration of Jaret's birthday, and it was a fun end to the weekend.

Comments

T and M said…
i'm curious which antique shop you went to?

Popular Posts