My little piggy girl

Our kids have been used to jumping on our furniture, since Jaret can attest to the quality of the product. This has never been much of a problem, since we've never had end tables or anything, so when they fall off, no one is too much worse for the wear. All this changed, though, when I found an end table to refurbish at a garage sale for $3.

Within a couple of days, Faye bounced off the sofa and landed face first on the edge of the table. I still don't understand how she had injuries in so many spots on her face, since some decent damage was done to her top lip, and one would think the nose would block the top half of her face from injury. Not so. Her forehead was bruised, and the bridge of her nose swelled. Below her nose, her upper lip was disconnected from her gums. I'm not good with pain and blood, but I didn't pass out, despite the blood gushing from her mouth and nose. (truly an accomplishment.) I had a sick stomach for a day or so, because the upper lip kept seeping, since it is jostled often in eating and thumb sucking. And to just totally gross you out, every time she'd take her thumb out of her mouth that afternoon, it would have blood on it. I spent that day feeling rather weak.

Her face swelled up pretty nice, and Jaret kept asking me if I thought it would go back to normal. I kept saying, "Well, swelling has always gone done as far as I know." But after him asking me so much, I began to feel slightly paranoid myself. Thankfully, at this point she looks pretty much how she always has, but below you can see our little girl who slightly resembles her favorite animal.

Comments

Jane said…
Sweet thing! Glad she is doing better.
megs @ whadusay said…
Oh my word, her poor little face! And your poor stomach. It makes me queazy just thinking about it!

Popular Posts