Chicken Piccata Night

It was decent. I think it would have been much tastier if Faye hadn't spilled all the fresh squeezed lemon juice on the counter leaving me to use the bottled stuff. I had baked sweet potatos on the side, since I hadn't used them for burritos, plus steamed broccoli that I was supposed to use some other night.

I was encouraged by some women last night that just because I don't follow a plan 100% doesn't mean I have to scrap the whole thing. Especially when the ingredients are things that I could find another use for. So I'll mull over that possibility. Right now I'm supposed to be putting everything in the crock pot for corn chowder for tonight's supper. And for next week, I only need a few nights worth of recipes, so I'm choosing a couple from the book (or inspired by it), so my experimenting with it will go on a little longer.

So far, my review would be that all the recipes I've used have definitely come together more quickly than my typical suppers (yes, even with all of my modifications). So if you are looking to simplify and speed up your supper prep time, it might be worth checking into.

Comments

Christa said…
Shar-
I have so been enjoying these posts! Thanks!
smw said…
thanks, christa!
Christen Leigh said…
Hey....have you sampled any from the new cookbook I gave you? I will be deeply wounded if you have not....

haha jk. I am curious if you find any winners, though!

Popular Posts