Since I know I have an audience waiting with bated breath...

:)

Night four I totally scrapped. It was to be "Sweet Bean Burritos", but sweet burritos sound yucky to me, so I made my own chicken burritos instead. The book was valiantly incorporating seasonal produce-sweet potatos-with the beans, but I just don't think it would have been a hit.

I really hope/wish I would like the book a lot. Besides the menu planning and grocery list done for you, each week incorporates one night with fish, a meatless night, and a crock pot night. Doesn't that sound so well rounded and prepared?! (I never get fish in our diets, and I haven't tended to have a plan for low prep meals before my strep.)

Anyway, with scrapping the Sweet Bean Burritos, I missed the chance to have a meatless meal this week. Ahh, well. Two more nights to go with the ingredients I have.

Comments

T and M said…
i think i would've skipped that recipe too. ( :
Jon y Amy said…
I really think I should try this book. That does sound a little weird, but I am so impressed they do a meatless dish and a crock pot dish a week. It sounds like it would take a lot of the thinking out of food prep. Unless of course you have to think more to modify it. ;)
Mouseymom said…
you continually crack me up! I loved your title! and I love the self realization that you have the innate need to change things up.. thus making the meal planning not so easy! thanks for blogging so I can still feel like you are part of my life! I love it!

Popular Posts