Night 3

I had to laugh as I finished preparing the 3rd meal from 'Saving Dinner'. It only slightly resembled the plan for the day, and I thought how typical it is that I can stick with a plan for about one day before it starts to fall apart. I'm not going to mention all the ways and whys of how supper #3 was altered, but suffice it to say that if I'm not motivated enough to just stick to the meal plans as they are for the next 3 days (what I've purchased ingredients for), this week may be the last you hear of 'Saving Dinner' here.

Just as a plug for them, I don't fault the book for my apparent extreme need to always tailor things.

Comments

Sandra said…
curious what the meal was and what you did different...did you take a picture?
Do you get the magazine Simply Delicious?? I absolutely love it and its usually smaller amount of ingredients compared to Taste of Homes(which can be like a mile long ingredients to make a meal). I can usually go about 2 weeks of "new" meals from one of those magazines and my family loves trying "new" things which I am so thankful for. They are NOT picky ONE OUNCE!! thought id mention that magazine incase you have never tried it:).
2Dimples4Me said…
I cook about 80% of my meals from Simple and Deliscious magazine too! Most of their recipes are so easy to make...and easy on the pocketbook too! I'm horrible at coming up with new ideas for dinner so I live for S&D hitting my mailbox! I've gotten the magazine for years (it started as a gift from Leonda S. and I loved it so much I continued it) and have kept all the back issues for reference when Im bored. If you would like to check them out, let me know. You are welcome to borrow them for a bit!
smw said…
thanks for commenting on my blog 2Dimples4me. :) thanks for the second recommendation!

Popular Posts