Recent Happenings

Last week little Pierce had his eardrum broke by an older sister taking my two minute absence to the restroom as a chance to play doctor and 'examine' his ears with chopsticks. NOT my best day.

Pierce often says sounds like "mama", but we're never sure if he means anything by it. But I came home from helping with a cleaning project Saturday, and he said 'mama' very happily when he saw me and reached for me. So I'm recording 'mama' as his official first word. I'm thinking this is the first kid to say mama as his first word.

I found my first gray hair last night. :( I tried to find a way to deny it, but there was none. I pulled it, though, which gives me the chance to pretend it never happened. Hopefully I won't see anymore for years to come.

Review of night two of 'Saving Dinner'
I forgot to say on my first post about 'Saving Dinner' that I tweak recipes as I feel moved. Such as using only one onion in the first night's recipe instead of two. Or how I thickened the sauce left in the skillet so I could pour it over the chicken without juices sloshing everywhere. Tonight was supposed to be a fancied up tuna and noodle dish, but I don't enjoy the slightly fishy taste of canned tuna, so I made it with chicken instead. Tonight I used a full box of pasta, even though it had an additional 2 oz of noodles than the recipe called for.

So my thoughts on meal #2 was that it was a fine supper. I would probably double the sauce recipe next time, as it seemed a little dry. Admittedly I like my meals on the saucy side, and I know the dryness was at least partly my fault for using more noodles than the recipe stated. Overall, it was along the lines of something I would have come up with in a pinch for time, although it incorporated more veggies than I would have thought to add.

Comments

emilykate said…
This post made me smile. The matter-of-factness of the chopstick incident and the gray hair. :)
Sandra said…
Shar~ Oh my....did poor little pierce scream in pain?? I have had my eardrums broken 3 times in my life and the initial break is painful. Sure pray it will heal quickly for him and no surgery is required. I currently have a hole in mine from this past summer, and need surgery(but need to wait for baby to be born).
Also.....how can you JUST NOW be getting your first gray hair?? Im jealous! Ive pulled 4 of them out already. (welcome to the world of gray hair dear:)).
Sandra said…
Shar~ Do you have a follow up appt with the ENT doctor?? You did see a ENT correct(ears nose and throat doctor)? Most likely you have a follow up and if not, in 6 weeks make a follow up just for a peace of mind and to confirm that it did INDEED close up. My first and third hole(the one I have now)had/did not heal on its own. My second hole was closed up by my follow up appointment that was 6 weeks after I had punchured it. I was telling my mom about little Pierce and she too cringed!! The thought of him even getting his ear drum touched by the chop stik had to KILL...but then to actually puncture it....lots of tylenol for that little guy I am sure. Praying for you and hoping it heals on its own. Any further questions feel free to email me. waibels2001@gmail.com
Christen Leigh said…
Ummmm I've totally already pulled out a very gray hair. I am 10 years ahead of the game, apparently. I liked this post and am enjoying your recipe reviews.

I also still ache (almost literally) for poor little piercey's ears! :( :)

Popular Posts