My First Day with Saving Dinner

I have a few more Christmases to document, but I was inspired tonight to write about my supper experience. Since having baby #4 and going back to homeschooling one of my children, I have felt under the weather a lot, due to a lack of rest. After I fell ill with 'in bed for 4 days' strep throat over Thanksgiving, I tearfully said to Jaret, "There have got to be things that I can let go, I just don't know what they are. I feel like everything that I'm doing is important."

He helped identify some of the less important of the important (sweet guy). One of them was to simplify supper. He said we would do frozen or take out two times a week. I was all for it at that point, being totally wiped out. But after some weeks of that (which were very helpful, especially during the holiday season) I thought it might be a better solution for me to try to find fast, healthy meals for each night. So no night would be no effort, but all nights, overall, could be less effort (and still healthy).

So began my search for healthy, fast recipes. A girl that babysits for us suggested "Saving Dinner". It has menus broken down seasonally, recipes for the main dishes, suggestions for sides, and grocery lists (with the optional side ingredients there, too)!!!! Let me tell you, I'm sure hoping we like the meals!

So tonight was the first night, and though you won't be able to tell by my amateurish photography, (the best photos on this blog are compliments of my wonderful hubby) it looked pretty impressive. Avi said it looked like Thanksgiving dinner. :) (sweet child). Anyway, it was pretty simple, and very tasty! May all the days be so good!

Skillet Chicken with Spinach
Butternut Squash recipe based off one I found online when I searched "delicious butternut squash recipe".

Comments

Christen Leigh said…
If they all are this good please tell me where I can get a copy!!! :)
Rebekah said…
those look really good shar! i'm so glad you found something you like!
T and M said…
I loved Saving Dinner! I really liked that they had a fish a week, used beans, & the recipes were relatively inexpensive. i hope you blog some more recipes ( :
Tami said…
shar, that looks sooooo good!!!!!! I'm going to have to check that out!
smw said…
thanks, all. mandy, you'll have to tell my why you refer to loving it in the 'past tense'. :)
smw said…
thanks, all. mandy, you'll have to tell my why you refer to loving it in the 'past tense'. :)
T and M said…
shar, the only reason "loved" is past tense is because Saving Dinner was a library book. And yes, I'm one of those patrons who borrows a book from the library & renews it 5 times ( : so I had lots of time to try the recipes, although I didn't complete the full year. Reading your blog inspired me to just go buy the book this time.
smw said…
oh, good, mandy. :)

Popular Posts